Aside from shooting images, your Android phone’s camera may also be used to scan documents in PDF format. Because your Android phone can check documents, this can come in handy when you don’t have access to an explicit scanner or don’t desire to use one. You may use different kinds of scanners available.
However, the scanner is just near to you. However, people fail to recognize it, and questions like where the scanner is on my android phone and how to scan documents on an android camera arise in our minds. Document scanning isn’t fun, but it’s something we all have to do from time to time. Thankfully, you can rapidly scan documents using your Android handset without extra equipment and scanning is no more a tedious task to accomplish.
Here’s a quick introduction to scanning documents on Android, which will help you know how to scan a document on Android?
Method 1: Using Google drive
One of the simplest approaches in this scenario is to leverage Google Drive. This method is considered the easiest way to scan. The reason behind this is that Android lacks a built-in scanner. The most accessible alternative is to use the Google Drive app. It’s as good as a default solution because it comes pre-installed on practically every Android device.
Scanning with Google Drive has several advantages. You don’t have to place the backup of your papers manually because it uploads them to your Drive account. Sending a Drive link to family or coworkers makes it simple to share your scans. This is why it is one of the simplest ways of scanning pdf files.
Now the question arises how to Use the Google Drive App to Scan Documents? This simple procedure needs to follow. First, install Google Drive from the Play Store, launch it, and sign in using your Google account if you don’t already have it. You need to access it for this, create a new panel, and hit the Plus button in any of the app’s tabs in the bottom-right corner. When this occurs, select Scan.
If you’re using Google Drive for the first time, you’ll need to give the app permission to use your camera. After that, the camera will launch, and you’ll be able to take a photo of the document you want to scan. To snap this photo, use the camera interface as usual. If needed, common features like zoom and a timer are accessible.
A preview of your shot will appear; hit the redo button to try again or the Check button if you’re satisfied. After pressing the Check button, you’ll be able to make several changes to your Scan. In this manner, you can scan a document with Android. Moreover, you can also edit your Scan.
At the bottom of your scan page, Google Drive provides four icons. The following icons are listed from left to right:
- Redo: Tap the arrow to rescan the document, which is helpful if it turns out blurry or other.
- Color: Using the palette icon, you can choose from four color enhancement options. Depending on whether your document has color, the most popular options are black and white and color. However, you can experiment with the other two to see if they enhance scan quality.
- Rotate: Rotate the Scan in 90-degree increments with this button.
- Crop: The scanner in Google Drive should automatically crop the Scan to the edges of your page. However, if it didn’t get it correctly, use the Crop tool to adjust the edges manually.
Different mobile companies offer their scanner. Samsung is known to provide the best scanner app for Android. Furthermore, the answer for how to scan on a Samsung phone is the same as explained above. To check more files, just tap on the Plus symbol in the bottom-left corner to scan another document if you wish to add more scans. Finally, the three-dot menu in the top-right corner provides access to a few choices. Change the generic name that uses the date and time with Rename scan.
There are a few settings choices worth looking at as well. The default color enhancement can be set in image enhancement. If you don’t like the Automatic option, you can adjust the size of the document that the final PDF uses, while Paper Orientation can be Landscape or Portrait.
Finally, if you want higher-quality scans or lesser file sizes, modify the Image Quality.
Let us briefly discuss some of the key benefits and challenges of using android phone scans.
Advantages of Google drive
- Compatible with various devices
- Helps to get quick edit access
- Quick file search can view different file types
- Easy sharing of data
Disadvantages of Google Drive
- Speed is relatively low for downloading and uploading files.
- Security Risks
- Requiring an internet connection.
- You may not use Google Drive, you may use a de-Googled Android ROM like CalyxOS or /e/OS
- Absence of powerful Edit features like OCR, Annotation that is provided along with scanning in third party scanning apps
Due to these disadvantages, it becomes a cause to use different scanning applications. One such scanning application app that we would like to discuss is the QuickScan Document scanner Application.
Method 2: Use of QuickScan app
Another quite popular method is using specific applications for this purpose. One of those applications is QuickScan. A must have Scanning app for Android phone. This document scanner app is an exclusive, fully-featured scanning app on Android as well as iOS. This app on the Play Store works best for most use cases, from scanning forms into PDF, JPG, and images to PNG scans to create memories and scanning receipts for taxes.
The best smartphone scanning app is quick, exact, and easy to use.
This handy phone scanner app converts your papers into high-quality PDF files with only one swipe. It is an app that scans notes, books, whiteboards, business cards, IDs, bills, invoices, and receipts. This is considered as best scanner app for Android.
Let’s discuss some of the features
- A simple, quick, and light scanning app which scans with excellent image clarity and resolution can be obtained in seconds.
- Modes are automatic and manual
- Scans the file automatically by detecting documents on a mobile phone scanner. Hold your phone in front of the paper, and QuickScan will take care of the rest.
- Best Photo Scanner & Amazing Layouts
- Save your scans as PDFs or images in a variety of formats. Multiple pages can be scanned to PDF for convenient viewing.
- Organize, manage, or share your information.
- Create folders quickly, discover any document in seconds after scanning it, and automatically back up scans to the cloud. Share documents instantly by email, messaging, disc, iCloud, and various other methods.
- QuickScan PDF Scanner App is multilingual and speaks English, Hindi, German, and other languages.
Some other advanced features are as follows
- Recognize text exactly with OCR and convert OCR PDF to Word
After scanning documents with an iPhone, recognize text from IDs, business cards, and document scans and convert it to an editable word document. Converting OCR to text is a good idea.
- Features of annotation and editing options
You can mark up or place some “X” mark so your client knows where to sign or highlight text, add notes, or even put your signature on a contract after a clear document scan using a PDF scanner.
- Always pay attention to security
Privacy policies are highly transparent and do not share content without authorization. Password/PIN protection with the best scan app for Android and iPhone.
- Crop, border, and magnify
After you scan a document using your iPhone, it detects borders, magnifies for a perfect image, and trims undesired content.
Now, we have to know the features, so moving on, let’s know how to scan a photo using an android phone. Scanning using an android phone is quite simple as it follows three steps to do this.
Those three precise steps are as follows: –
- Scan: Point the camera or select a document from the gallery and scan it.
- Edit: Change the document selection to meet your needs.
- Save and share your work: Save files in PDF or JPEG format and share them using various methods.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I precisely scan a document leveraging my Android phone?
Answer 1:The Google Drive app is the best way to scan documents. By clicking on the “+” button in the explicit lower right corner of your home screen, you may scan documents directly into Google Drive. Just click on the “Scan” option when the menu slides come at the top from the bottom.
What is the best way to scan a document and save it to my computer?
Answer 2:Simply scan it with your device’s camera and the Google Drive app. Your scanned document is saved as a PDF in Drive. Scan receipts, customer information, and other important papers on the move. Create PDFs from your paper documents in seconds. You can also use third party apps like QuickScan scanner app for Android if you want to edit the scanned documents.
On your Android phone, you have a convenient PDF scanner. Save a trip to the library or invest in a home scanner the next time you need to scan something. These two Android document scanner apps make it simple to capture and edit documents.