Smartphones have emerged as the most interesting and expedient development in the digital world. With the constant evolution and upgradation of mobile apps, people are using devices for different functions. One such feature is using a scanner app to extract text from any document. The mobile apps use the phone’s camera and can correct any distortion and skew. Thus, users quickly get the desired document’s best soft copy.
The advent of scanning mobile applications has reduced the dependency on printers. A scanning mobile app is useful for individuals from all sectors and domains. Students use such apps to scan notes and lessons they have missed. Professionals use native mobile apps for official documents. Individuals may use them for scanning regular documents like bills. Scanning and saving soft copies of documents ensure data availability even if the hard copy gets lost by mistake. Thus, mobile apps are a blessing for everyone.
Today, we will discuss the Top scanning app trends for 2023 and understand how mobile app development has transformed how people use their iOS and Android devices for installing the app through App Store and Google Play.
Trend 1: Increased Implementation of AI and Machine Learning
Mobile app developers understand that the digital world is competitive and dynamic. Every app organization works to improve its product by including useful and unique app features for improved user experience. Today, the integration of artificial intelligence in scanning apps has taken the industry by storm. The experts aim to develop error-free scanners and simplify the process so that the masses can use the app with basic knowledge. Below are a few ways in which machine learning and the adoption of AI benefit its users:
- Extraction of text and data: Initial scanner apps required manual checking of the content of the scanned files. This consumed time since some Word documents could not be accessed without the Microsoft Word application. With AI and machine learning coming into play, this process has been simplified as the scanning system can now easily extract text and data. So, now users can open documents in any mobile app without worrying about the format of the file.
- Improved user experience: A document management system based on an AI-enabled scanner app enhances data quality as it can highlight input errors in the document. This always allows easy access to documents, streamlining the workflow in organizations. The best scanning mobile apps can function on laptops, iOS, tablets, and Android, saving time and increasing the productivity of the workforce manifolds.
- Secured Documentation: Data is of utmost importance in every organization; hence, an upright security system is necessary. The best mobile apps use AI and machine learning to develop an advanced mobile security network to protect data from external threats. Modern instant apps have advanced algorithms with network security tools. These tools effectively identify any doubtful attempt to access files and warn the professionals. Some mobile apps also render biometric verification in case the file is confidential. Such features ensure that the organization is protected against potential cyber threats.
Trend 2: Integration with cloud storage
Cloud computing is vital for growing organizations like mobile commerce, finance businesses, and healthcare technology. Scanning and digitizing documents via cloud computing is a great way of flawless document management. Cloud storage becomes more important as the organization gets bigger since one document needs to be accessible to several employees for decision-making and predictive analytics. Below are some benefits that progressive web apps render:
- Quick retrieval of documents using different cloud storage platforms helps save costs. If an organization plans to develop a self-hosted storage system, it demands knowledge of hardware and software, resulting in increased costs. Integration of scanning apps with cloud service platforms like Google, Apple Cloud, etc., cuts costs and is very convenient.
- The leading cloud storage service providers give 24×7 access to the saved documents, which always means seamless backup.
- Integrated scanner mobile applications help organizations allow access to documents across multiple devices and different locations. For example, if an employee working in an office wants to share a scanned document with someone in another office location, cloud storage makes it easy and secure simultaneously.
- Documents scanned and saved to the cloud storage can be opened on foldable devices or laptops via the web app.
Trend 3: Advanced document recognition and extraction
Automation in document processing refers to proper classification, which enhances the scanner’s utility as they help accurately group files. An amazing tool that most businesses desire since it saves time and effort put into the manual classification of documents. During the initial days of mobile app development, the files were transferred into a particular document management system only after manual verification.
Still, as artificial intelligence is incorporated, mobile apps use optical character recognition (OCR) for sorting by referring to the document’s metadata. A person must set the desired grouping formulas, and the files will be automatically grouped with great efficacy.
Let us understand OCR and its functions. OCR is one of the best app technology trends in the digital world. The software identifies printed or written text in a scanned document and converts it to machine-comprehensible text.
When a person scans a document using a native app on a mobile device, the document is converted to an image that can be identified by OCR technology. This helps extract text from images quickly, saving time and effort in manual checking.
Trend 4: Mobile-friendly features
Scanner app developers understand users’ changing trends and needs and work to introduce new exciting features that would appeal to the new generation. Scanner apps have replaced traditional printers. Numerous instant apps are now available on the app store, and therefore, the aim is to evolve and deliver better in the form of features and tools:
- Better UI design: App developers aim to capture a large user base, which is only possible when the user interface is easy yet functional for individuals with varied technical knowledge. To achieve an engaging UI design, developers include AI chatbots. Chatbots are AI automated response systems that provide user solutions based on specific programming triggers. For example, if you use a scanner app for the first time, the AI chatbots will assist you whenever you need them.
- Auto-capture feature: With the latest app development trends and better camera quality in foldable devices, auto-capture is a great feature. This tool lets the camera click a clear picture as the user moves the camera over the document. The camera here uses the edge detection feature. Documents scanned with auto-capture do not blur and can be used on any device without altering the resolution.
- 3d scanning: App developers have enhanced user experience by offering a 3d scanning feature. Most progressive web apps today allow 3d scanners where the user needs to take pictures of an object from different angles, and then the app features combine the images to form a 3d model or object. This is an interesting feature used in the medical industry, industrial design, archaeology, art, and design.
- Augmented reality in scanner apps: App developers have taken scanner mobile applications to the next level with the augmented reality feature. Users can scan images, products, or illustrations to gather information about them. The images and products have associated codes that contain all the necessary information. This can be done by a mobile-based device by downloading an AR-enabled mobile app. Augmented reality is extensively used in the retail industry, mobile commerce, and inventory management for predictive analytics.
- Virtual reality: With the booming online shopping industry, brands have adopted virtual reality to maximize their reach. Here, the scanner mobile application offers a feature where a buyer can experience a realistic view of products offered by the company. Android and IOS app development combined with three-dimensional models makes this possible.
- Image filter and enhancement: The image quality of the scanned documents also depends on the environment. If the conditions and lighting are not perfect, the document may not be clear. The auto image filter and enhancement feature come into play here. Users can adjust the contrast and background color to highlight the required field better. Also, one can use the app clip feature to focus on the desired part of the image. This is a basic yet useful feature that most scanner mobile applications offer.
Trend 5: Enhanced security and privacy measures
Data security is crucial and cannot be compromised in any condition. The best developers also follow and consider the latest trends and work on the security aspect. Below are some encouraging steps that Android and IOS app development companies have taken:
- End-to-end encryption: App development companies take privacy seriously and therefore incorporate end-to-end encryption as one of the most important app features. As per the trend, encryption ensures data safety even when a user scans and uploads files onto the internet directly via a scanner app.
- Secured cloud storage platforms: A scanner mobile app that automatically allows cloud storage to become safe. Organizations can rely on such platforms as they have strict norms for data security. Authorization and verification to access the information with stringent security coding always keep sensitive and confidential information safe.
Trend 6: Industry-specific scanning solutions
Here are some industry-specific scanner app features that help improve efficiency:
- Healthcare industry: Healthcare organizations use scanner apps to save records of patients. The developers design apps where every patient is given a scan code. Whenever the patient visits, the details are scanned to know the past health conditions and treatments offered. The information can be easily shared with other clinical set-ups whenever needed.
- Logistics: The logistics industry best uses the latest trends in scanner mobile apps. Companies allocate scan codes to every item so that all required information is available at the center where it is shipped. Thus, it upgrades supply chain management.
- Legal firms: Legal firms deal with cases that involve a lot of documentation. A scanner app is useful since all the necessary documents can be confidentially scanned and uploaded to cloud storage for future reference. This helps save information for years without missing out on anything.
Trend 7: User-friendly interfaces and intuitive design
Developers understand that every user who downloads their mobile app to scan documents may not have the in-depth knowledge and expertise to do the same efficiently and quickly. This is where the UI design plays a crucial role. Most scanner app developers try to keep the mobile application simple and streamlined. However, there still may be issues for first-time users.
To help people easily scan documents, a demonstration video is a great tool. To further simplify the process, there are chatbots to assist.
Read more: User guide for Android
Additional Trending Features:
- Scanning applications are transforming into all-in-one super apps: Initially, scanning mobile applications was limited to document and image scanning. But with mobile app development, now one app can be used to scan barcodes, invoices, QR codes, agreements, passports, magazines, business, and identity cards, and so on.
- Neural networks enhance document quality: Neural networks are used for face recognition, balancing light, color contrast, and background texture. Also, OCR uses convolutional neural networks for text recognition.
- The popularity of smart features is growing: Developers are integrating AI to achieve smart features like auto-crop and image corrective features like glare removal, contrast adjustment, etc.
- Apps are becoming more customizable: Developers now aim at designing apps that render flexibility to customize. For example, users can now make folders of features that they use often or can use widgets. There are themes and outlooks that individuals can prefer making it a quick-to-go, easy app.
- Filters for document enhancement are turning even more diverse: Filters are not confined to changing the contrast and brightness of a document. Modern app development offers filters where one can add a background using special effects.
- Ads are disappearing from scanning apps: Scanner mobile apps are mostly used by professionals and students. Therefore, developers understand that ads can be frustrating. Ad-free apps with a focus on elevated experience are the key to success.
- Users contribute to product development: App development is a dynamic category. The users have numerous choices, and if app developers do not interact and focus on customer feedback, the switchover is set to happen. This is why app development companies invite users to participate in surveys and reviews to design better products.
How is QuickScan different than other Scanning Apps?
QuickScan is one of the most dependable and valuable scanning apps since it has evolved per the changing app development trends. Unlike other scanning apps, it offers all the latest features in one place. It is a complete and one-stop solution for all your scanning needs.
Advancement of Scanning Apps & AI
Scanning app development with AI integration is set to revolutionize the industry as new, exciting features with enhanced functionality are on the cards. The best-in-class mobile apps will serve as super apps.
Related Article: How to scan documents with Android
Q1: What are the trends for apps in 2023?
The scanner apps are improving with integrated AI and machine learning. Organizations are moving from paper documentation to scan and cloud storage. New useful features combined with assured network security are the mobile app trend in 2023.
Q2: What are the diverse iOS app trends for 2023?
AI chatbots are the latest trends in mobile app development for scanning applications. These chatbots are software that pretends to be a human interface and assist users whenever they have a query.
Q3: What apps will be popular in the future?
Scanner apps offering virtual reality, augmented reality, advanced AI, and ML with industry-specific solutions is the future.
Q4: What is the future of mobile development?
Mobile app development is the latest trend in a digital world that is set to revolutionize document management systems across all industries. This segment looks promising with smart features, cloud storage, and end-to-end encryption.
Read more: Best Receipt Scanner App
Scanning apps have been rapidly accepted as the best solution for effective document management. In the future, such apps will find their way into homes via smart devices and artificial intelligence.
Also, augmented reality scanning apps are currently in the preliminary stages, and more are expected as the developers introduce new features for better utility. As the usage of scanning apps expands across various verticals, enhanced security and privacy will be a concern that could be managed through blockchain technology. As we progress, app development will play a vital role in everyday life.